We advise across all sectors, with intense expertise in Financial Services, Health, Energy, Transport, Manufacturing, Mining, Agribusiness, Food and Beverage, Hospitality and Leisure, and Technology. In a technology-driven era, our integrated IP, technology, data and media expertise offering is unmatched, we work in many new and disruptive technology- based areas such as Fintech, Biotech, Edutech, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
One among our distinguishing features is our one-point-of-contact service. Our client's full Intellectual Property portfolio (contentious and non-contentious) is managed by one partner with a team of experts to serve Client’s interests and demands in a satisfactory manner.
Our clients value the simplicity of having one point of contact as well as the depth of the relationship and trust built through this engagement structure. Our clients are always informed and updated of any changes to IP Registry practice and IP laws within and outside Tanzania.
We are also members of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the International International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), the global associations of trademark owners and professionals, amongst other IP and technology organisations.
ECA offers a full range of Intellectual Property services by supporting their client's IPR matters in Tanzania, Zanzibar, and ARIPO in the areas of:
- Trademarks, Patents, Designs, and Copyrights Registration and Prosecution
- Draft and Submit Oppositions
- Cancellation and Appeal Actions
- Trademark Infringement Claims
- IPR Registrations/Renewals
- IP Enforcement & Litigation
- Domain and Trade Name Protection
- Corporate and Legal Advisory
- Customs Protection of Intellectual Property Rights and Negotiation on Various Intellectual Property Issues
- Structuring of IP Ownership, Securitisation and IP Valuations
- IP exchange control and tax advice, particularly important for transfers of rights across South African borders
- Advice related to the commercialisation of IP and how these assets may be protected by registration, monetised by licensing and assignment, enforced, secured and leveraged to their maximum potential; and
- Commercial Drafting for Transactions involving IP such as Licensing, Distribution, Technology Transfer, Investment
Examples of the Firm’s Attorneys’ Work in Intellectual Property Law:
- Represented software companies in cases involving trademark infringement in Tanzania and ARIPO.
- Registered many trademarks, patents and copyrights for both local and international companies in Tanzania Mainland,Zanzibar and ARIPO.
- Representing local and international brands in various Intellectual Property Infringement Claims.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PUBLICATIONS
Enter your name and email below to subscribe to our publications